https://cohoplans.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/GettyImages-1060386766-scaled.jpg 1707 2560 Oregon.gov https://cohoplans.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/coho-logo-wide-1030x325.png Oregon.gov2020-03-19 22:56:512022-03-15 17:00:52Oregon prepares Oregon Medical Station
Oregon prepares Oregon Medical Station
The Oregon Health Authority, together with the Oregon Military Department, is assembling the Oregon Medical Station (OMS) beginning Friday, March 20, at the Salem Fairgrounds. The OMS is a temporary mobile facility dedicated for emergency use in situations like the COVID-19 pandemic. The mobile facility will provide an alternate site for 250 patients currently in nursing home care.
The OMS will:
- Include beds, pharmaceuticals, medical supplies and equipment to support 250 patients.
- Be staffed by members of the State Emergency Registry of Volunteers in Oregon (SERV-OR) and the Oregon Disaster Medical Team (ODMT).
- Have staffing for 24/7 operations.
- Be housed in the Jackson Long building at the Salem Fairgrounds in a state-owned building.
- Use dedicated supplies that have been stored in Salem at the State and Federal Surplus Property.
For the full article, click here.